My name is David Orlandi and I would like to welcome you to Selby Primary School. I am the newly appointed Principal of this fantastic school and have enjoyed the sense of community present in our school community.
With an enrolment just over 220 students, we are large enough to offer a full range of specialist subjects and programs, whilst small enough to have that personal feel where everyone is familiar with the people within our community.
I am very passionate about our school and the terrific opportunities we provide for our students and would welcome the opportunity to show you more. Here are just some aspects of our school;
- We have an Early Learning Centre which was opened in 2012. This houses our two Prep classes and three Year 1/2 classes, as well as having it’s own toilets, kitchen and shared space.
- Our main building is just over twenty years old and houses our Office, Library, Music Room, Art Room, Japanese Room, Kitchen Classroom and senior classes.
- Our hall contains a three-quarter sized basketball court, before and after school care room and canteen.
- All classes have weekly art, performing arts/music and physical education lessons as well as access to the library and regular sessions in the Kitchen Classroom.
- We provide differentiated and real learning experiences across the school. This involves providing a mix of explicit instruction from the teacher with more open ended inquiry learning activities which allow students to build on their basic understandings in a meaningful and engaging manner.
- Every Thursday we have a dedicated Student Leadership Hour which sees our student leaders working with the other students across the school.
- Many of our students participate in In Schools Music which involves a one-on-one lesson on one of twelve different instruments, as well as then joining with other students from local schools to form various bands.
- All classrooms have air conditioning, heating, an interactive whiteboard or TV as well as iPads, desktop computers and laptops.
Visitors to our school comment on the friendly environment and the wonderful grounds. Families new to the area or to our school are welcome to book a tour of the school by ringing or emailing the office. I will take great pride in showing you around our wonderful school!