The Inquiry focus in Term 2 for the Year 1 and 2 students will be Partnerships, which we will be investigating in a unit called ‘Working Together’. As we move through this unit, we will investigate animal and human partnerships, environmental partnerships, and community partnerships, and address many different areas of the curriculum including Science, Design and Technology, and Personal and Social Capability.
Throughout Term 2 students will focus on:
- developing their knowledge and understanding of letter/sound patterns using the SMART Spelling Program
- developing their knowledge of how to identify common and proper nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs
- developing their knowledge and understanding of when to use capital letters and full stops
- developing their knowledge and understanding of prefixes, suffixes plurals and simple sentences
- participating in explicit reading and writing sessions
- reading and creating their own Recount, Information Reports and Explanation text types
- practising a range of CAFÉ reading strategies: Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency and Expand Vocabular
- practising correct pencil grip, letter formation, shape and size.
The mathematical topics to be covered this term are; addition, subtraction, time, chance, data, graphing and money. At the commencement of maths lessons there will be a ten minute focus on developing automatic recall of number facts.
For more information about our 1/2 program, please see the term newsletter here.