Programs - Kitchen Classroom
Update from Mr Butler on 21st July 2012:
In recent weeks I have met with two cabinet makers and a flooring salesperson. I will be taking these and other quotes to School Council tomorrow night to seek approval for these two items so that we can continue to develop this project. The installation of the cabinetry and flooring are certainly the next two tasks that we need to complete. At this stage, we are looking at having four 'kitchenettes' built with a small space also provided for dining tables and chairs. This would allow a full class to make use of this facility. I have placed the remaining kitchen and furniture on eBay and hope that this can also raise some funds!
Whilst we have been able to get some prices for many aspects of the project, if any families have some 'connections' in the following areas, I would love to hear from them;
- flooring. We are looking to either place lino on the floor or sand and polish the existing concrete.
- appliances. We will need to purchase four free standing cooktops and ovens, together with range hoods. Four sinks and mixer taps will also need to be purchased.
- plumbing. It is looking like we will need to purchase and install a hot water service unit for this project, together with the installation of all the sinks, taps and possibly gas cooktops.
- electrical. The major electrical work appears to be the installation of powerpoints through the classroom.
- tiling. We will need to tile or have some other splash back behind the four cooktop areas.
As the project evolves, I will request support with other items but these are the main things that we will need support with in the coming months.