Selby Primary School was established in 1951. From its modest beginnings - old church buildings and portable classrooms - the school has evolved into a thriving centre for high quality education. Set in the beautiful Dandenong Ranges, with Sherbrooke Forest and Puffing Billy on its doorstep, the school community enjoys magnificent facilities and surroundings.
The school underwent a major upgrade in 1992. This $2.4 million upgrade provided architect designed, state of the art facilities - facilities that are the equal of, if not better than, the newest school developments. The acquisition of three blocks of land, the construction of architect designed covered walkways, including a magnificent outdoor teaching area, the installation of synthetic grass surfaces, and the air conditioning of all classrooms, offices and staffroom ensure that all members of our school community continue to enjoy improved learning and teaching environments. Currently the school is building a new modern classroom complex and the school council is developing a wonderful “playscape” area which will provide an imaginative playground for children at the school for many years to come.
2011 was the school's 60th Anniversary. We celebrated this achievement on Saturday 12th November at 2.30pm.
To view a collection of photos from the school's history, click here.